Thursday, March 17, 2005

St. Patrick's Day sadness

So, I was out on veranda, reading, when Gye Green came home all bummed. He'd **completely** forgotten that today was St. Patrick's Day -- gone to work without wearing ANYTHING green! Blue Converse low-tops, grey shorts, charcoal grey socks, white shirt with a blue pattern, black leather belt with his usual gear [camera, multitool, harmonica...]. But no green.

For Gye, this was a MAJOR dissapointment! St. Patrick's Day is like his Kwanzaa -- a celebration of everything green. He was SOOOO bummed!

But then, when he was getting ready for bed, he discovered that he'd been wearing green undies that day. So, he felt better.

Don't think I have a similar "special day of celebration." Maybe Abraham Lincoln's birthday [Feb. 12th]? (A very famous "tall guy.") Or certainly, my birthday (Sept. 7th -- same as Buddy Holly's!).

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2005 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that. Bummer!

Remember that year I wore ALL green to work! That was fun... ;)

I think that green top hat is in a box on the veranda...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home