Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Free CD!

There is a grassy strip in front of our house, parallel to the road, which The Lady (and family) refer to as the footpath. Annoyingly, some people who drive past throw their garbage out along this strip. Once in a while I walk along the footpath and pick up the garbage -- in particular the glass bottles, so that they do not get shattered when the city workers mow the grass.

On ocassion, however, something useful is discarded. This morning I discovered the Cher ''Believe'' album: no case, just the CD. I brought it inside and washed it with soap and water, and carefully dried it.

Although it is slightly scuffed in places, it plays reasonably well, with minimal skipping.

A free CD! :)


On a completely different note: I am looking forwards to GG and family returning this afternoon. As, I am sure, is Ralphie.


--TG

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2006 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have shared this story with many people since your post. It's absolutely hilarious! In part, because it's so "Tall Guy" I can just hear the excitement in your voice, intoning the title of this post :-)

 
At February 22, 2006 5:56 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Well, thank you! :)

I do try to write evocatively.


--TG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home