Friday, March 18, 2005

Our generation's "When JFK was shot"

AFAIK, I didn't hear this anywhere else -- which isn't to say someone else hasn't written about this, too:

I think 9-11 is our generation's "Where were you when you heard that Kennedy was shot?"

For me, I was living in an attic apartment in Everett. I had just whacked the snooze button on my clock radio, when I realized, "Eh! They said that SeaTac airport has been closed...?"

Turned on the t.v., and saw the footage.

And this eclipses what I would've **earlier** said was our generation's "JFK" question: "Where were you when you heard Kurt Cobain was dead?"

O.k., maybe only if you're into music, and/or from the Seattle area.

Answer: I was on my way to work at the South King County Mall when I heard it on the radio.

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2005 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that. Was that before, or after we met?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home