Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Violence

This quote is rather grim.

I think in some instances it is valid; however, I feel violence should be a last resort.


''After a decade of standing under nightclub neon and nearly losing my faith in human nature, I had the growing realisation [sic] that violence was not the answer. It is a cruel and ugly language, the parley of ignorant men, but a means of discourse none the less and when you are dealing with the hard-of-thinking, sometimes a quick punch in the eye is better understood than a lengthy negotion. Some people -- even despots and dictators on the world sage -- will listen to nothing less.''

(pg. 34, Dec 2004 issue of Blitz, an Australian martial arts magazine that GG checked out at the library for me; found quote 29 Jan, 2005)


--TG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home