Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A song from GG & TG

Gye Greene has graciously allowed me to blog about some of our older songs, two which he discovered some still-valid links. (This also saves himself the time to introduce them.)

Which to link to first? We have four available. Perhaps the most meloncholy first...

This one is called ''Psych Smile.'' GG wrote this back in college, about a girl in his Psych class. A very nice, smiley girl -- but one whom he knew deep down was not the ''right'' girl for him. But still...

The instrumentation is intentionally kept simple. It's a bit of a musical haiku, really -- not verse, no chorus -- just one short paragraph.


--TG

6 Comments:

At October 05, 2005 9:33 PM, Blogger K. said...

I like this whole "musical haiku" idea. I wish more bands would realize that not every song has to be a 3:30 long intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-verse-chorus-outro affair. That's one reason I like The Who...thinking outside the box now & then.

Overall, it has a Jonathan Richman sort of vibe (the live band that was in There's Something About Mary).

Who's on vocals? Who's on guitar? What's on second?

-K.

 
At October 05, 2005 10:02 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Ditto. I liked the ending.

 
At October 06, 2005 3:02 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Thx! :) (Thx, too, to TG for taking care of.)

It's me (GG) on everything. I think it's an electric guitar, DI into a 4-track. But TG hit ''record'' and ''stop'', I believe. ;)

IIRC, this is the second song I wrote after buying my electric guitar during college (which caused me to abandon my alto recorder). There's a bunch of A's, D's, and E's in there -- no weird, fancy chords. ;)

--GG

 
At October 07, 2005 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you know, I had almost forgotten that you were a musician...

It's been too long ^_^;;

~JF

 
At October 07, 2005 2:45 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

...which is funny, since JF was (for about a week?) in the band with my cousin and my roommate.

As well as one of my (IMO) better songs, modeled after her unique mannerisms. ;)


--GG

 
At October 08, 2005 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, It's not that I completely forgot [well... I forgot about me being in the band O_o;;] but it's one of those things I never thought about until now <--is ditzy

Ah ! I remember that song !

<3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home