Tuesday, April 12, 2005

CSI theme songs: criticism

A weak e-mail morning: three spams, two announcements from a mailing list I’m on, and one from GG’s dad saying he has some extras from Costco. But at least two of the blogs I read each morning have a new entry!!!

And I also received three notices of people commenting my blog entries. So, THAT’S nice! :)


Regarding CSI: The Lady watches CSI most of the time. GG has given up watching it; I watch it occassionally; the bub and Ralphie the dog basically ignore it.

The original CSI (Las Vegas) has The Who's "Who Are You" song as their theme. This was good for three reasons: (1) It has a really good rock & roll scream in it; (2) the guys from The Who deserve royalties [btw -- Devo is getting royalties for "Whip It", used in a commerical for some household cleaning product!]; and (3) the lyrics match the concept of CSI ("Who are you? I really wanna know...").

Then came CSI: Miami (right? some Florida location), and they're using The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again." This choice **doesn't** make sense -- unless the team routinely nails the wrong guy, then frees him due to new forensic evidence. Not as strong of a match between song and concept.

And now we have CSI: New York -- with The Who's "Teenage Wasteland." Which makes even **less** sense -- although maybe New York City is a scary, urban jungle. And I notice they don't actually use the lyrics.

I'm waiting for CSI: Melbourne, using "Can't Explain." Which would've, BTW, been a stronger choice for CSI: NY.

That's what I'm saying. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home