Monday, August 01, 2005

A useful resource for cover songs

By accident, I discovered a useful online resource for cover songs -- www. coversproject.com. Although the interface could use some improvement, it's better than if it didn't exist.

If you type in a band name in the text box on the top right, the website returns (1) all the cover songs that the band has recorded, and (2) all the band's songs that have covered by other bandes, including the name of the covering band.

I tried the band "Laptop" (a good band! one of my top-five favorites? '80s new-wave-ish with tinges of industrial, with catchy tunes and well-chosen lyrics; good interview at this webpage), and discovered that one of my favorite songs was actually a cover song. I also entered They Might Be Giants, and discovered a number of bands that may be to my liking -- in that they have sufficient taste to cover TMBG songs. They warrant further investigation.


--TG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home