Monday, March 21, 2005

Tall Guy's room

When I get the whole image-hosting thing sorted out, I'll start posting some photos along with my blog. Meanwhile, here's a description of where I live:

First, the bad ASCII art -- which may or may not get correctly translated, depending on the settings on your browser. (Sorry, had to add the "." to retain the spacing.)

+---+--------+------+
|ba.|.dining.|kitch.|
|.th................|
+---+------- +------+
|TG.|........|.study|
|...................|
|...|.liv....+------+
|...|..rm......bedrm|
|...+-----..-|______|
|..veranda....PORCH
+-----------------+--

This isn't really to scale, but it's close enough.

The house belonged to Gye Greene's wife's grandmother, who died about a year ago. There's an enclosed veranda, with many boxes piled up, due to their moving from a very large two-bedroom apartment in Tacoma, to this small-ish two-bedroom "worker's cottage" from the 1920s[?] that possibly has LESS floor space -- and certainly, fewer cupboards. Plus, GG took all his miscellanea from his parent's attic, figuring if he was going to move to Australia, he may as well take everything at once.

So, as the Aussies say: It's "chokkers!"

I'm at one end of the veranday -- see the "TG"? :) That's where I stay, basically. Because GG's finishing his Dissertation, he's been spending most evenings in the study, typing. Previously, we'd sit around and watch movies in the living room. Eventually, we need to get back into recording music -- we did a small stint of it, prior to GG really digging in to his Dissertation -- but the study's not quite set up for it.

Sometime in the next year or so, they hope to build a house from scratch. Short-term, I'll get promoted to one of the extra bedrooms. Longer-term, GG wants to build an outbuilding to use as a home gym/workshop/recording studio. I'll probably live out in the recording studio.

GG's wife is **very** gracious, to allow me to hang around the house. :)

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2005 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TG,

Hey, not a bad rendering. The "sketch" looks about right.

Yeah, [name of wife withheld] is swell, ain't she! ;)

But you need to come up with a better name for her than "GG's wife."

Sorry I haven't been keeping up w/ reading your blog; I'll try to do better. (Yeah, I know I'm reading 'em backwards...!)

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home