Saturday, April 30, 2005

Meeting of the Law Posse

Gye Greene, The Lady, and The Bub went over to lunch at one of the Law Posse's house. I was feeling a bit shy and not like much company, so I stayed home with Ralphie the Dog.

Gye Green calls them "The Law Posse." It's a circle of friends who went to law school with The Lady who still keep in touch. (The Lady has a law degree, but never practiced as a barrister as she decided she'd rather do something else.) I think GG said there's about eight of them (including The Lady), of which three are still in Brisbane, one's in Canberra (but was up for the weekend; hence, the lunch), one's in England, and two others are in Australian cities neither I nor GG can recall. Oh: I guess that's seven.

Three are still single, I believe. GG wandered in, looked over my shoulder, and says if anyone wants to date a nice Australian Barrister or Solicitor, they should contact me. ;)

A nice bunch of ladies, GG says. I asked why they don't come over here, and GG says it's because the house is so crowded and such a mess with boxes. He hopes that when the new house is built, perhaps they can actually have people over for lunches and dinners and such.


--TG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home