Monday, April 04, 2005

More good bands/albums

So, listening to more albums while home by myself:

Sheryl Crow surprisingly good. I like **all** her songs -- not just the ones with radio airplay.

GG has the single for Sinead O'Connor's "This is a Rebel Song." The most sad, beautiful song I've heard in a long time -- esp. when she gets to the chorus "how come you've never said you love me, the whole time that you've known me." I also appreciate the line "while crazies are killing our sons" -- a slam at the IRA, I presume. Largely phrased as a love song, but if you actually listen to the lyrics (and the song title's a HUGE clue), it's about the English and the Irish.

Another great, sad song is Warren Zevon's "Suzie Lightning," off "Mr. Bad Example." A perfect song for anyone whose partner was always too busy for them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home