Saturday, March 26, 2005

"Beetroot": redundant?

For lunch today, I had a salad sandwich -- what Aussies call a sandwich with lots of veggies. Including juicy beetroot.

This generated Beetroot Drippings.

This would make a good band name. Or a good, low-level curse or exclamation ("Aww... beetroot drippings...!").

Aussies call beets "beetroot." But they don't call other root vegetables, like carrots and turnips, "carrot-root" or "turnip-root."

I don't know why.

"I Don't Know Why" would be a good song title. Why do Aussies drive on the left? Why do the lightswitches go "up" to turn off? Why are their doorknobs up so high? Why do they call beets "beetroot"? I don't know why.

Must remember to write this down.

When GG and I actually write a song about this, I'll post a link. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home