Friday, March 25, 2005

"Good" Friday?

So, the Friday before Easter is Good Friday. Seems like it should be called "Horrible, Wretched Friday," as that's when Jesus died on the cross. Bummer.

Although: Its counterpoint is Easter, so...


Here in Australia, Good Friday is a public holiday. For that matter, Monday's a holiday too, as the day after Easter (since Easter's always on a Sunday, and most folks get Easter off anyhow). As someone from the U.S., it seems strange to get Good Friday off. But, hey -- I'm all for religious holidays being public holidays. I think we should do all the Jewish holidays, too. And Muslim; and Buddhist. Fine by me!

Of course, I'm unemployed, so it doesn't really matter. But I'm all for the principle of the thing.

That what **I** say. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home